Monthly Group Meditation
Ian Hayward and Michelle Catherine Stady offer private classes in Vedic Mantra Meditation, a natural, simple and effortless technique designed to release stress held in the nervous system. Once you have your mantra, you can join the weekly drop-in group anytime.
DROP-IN GROUP MEDITATION:
Join Ian & Michelle the first Wednesday of every month for a deeply rejuvenating experience. Come relax, open, and expand your mind.
When: First Wednesday of the month from 7:30-8:30pm
Where: Please contact email@example.com for address and directions.
Cost: Voluntary contribution ($5 to $10 is kindly recommended) - any donation is appreciated!
Looking for More?
Please visit www.michellecatherine.com for upcoming meditation workshops, Advanced Rounding Retreats, kids meditation and more!
Beginners Mantra Meditation
LEARN THE SIMPLE TECHNIQUE OF MANTRA MEDITATION: This beginners meditation class is perfect for anyone new to meditation or for those who would like to deepen their practice with a personal mantra. A personal mantra enhances the meditative experience with comfort & ease, allowing your nervous system to release stress. This profoundly restful state helps repair & rejuvenate the body, mind & nervous system.
- Personal Mantra: You are given a personalised sound mantra that enables you to experience a deep meditative state with ease and comfort. Simple and effortless.
- Gentle repetition: You repeat this sound gently, and silently in your mind. The unique quality of the mantra resonates with your unique nervous system, allowing you to enjoy a profound state of rest and relaxation.
- Deep relaxation: In this state of deep rest, the mind, body and nervous system can repair and rejuvenate.
- Calm & clarity: A sense of calm, clarity, and creativity begins to permeate your everyday experience. Life is richer, more joyful and more inspiring. This tool for life is so simple, you can do it any time, and in any place.
Join Ian & Michelle for a deeply rejuvenating experience. Come relax, open, and expand your mind.Date: TBA
Course Details: 1hr introduction followed by a group meditation
Where: Please contact us for address and directions
Please register for this class with Michelle >> by email <<
Kids Mantra Meditation Class
NEW !!! START YOUR CHILD MEDITATING
In this meditation class for kids (ages 10 and up) your child will learn how to calm and relax their nervous system though the simple and effective method of Mantra Meditation. They will explore in a fun and relaxing environment how meditation affects the brain, the benefits of self care through meditation, and calming response tools for stress. They will also receive a personal mantra & learn how to meditate with the group as well as at home.
Cost: $45 + gst
Please register for this class with Michelle >> by email <<
Mantra meditation is a natural, simple, effortless mental procedure that does not require you to concentrate, contemplate, force, or attempt to control the mind in any way. It's a technique, not a religion or philosophy, so it can be practiced by people of all religions and belief systems.
The purpose of this technique is to release stress held in the nervous system. The benefits can be seen immediately and accumulate with regular practice over time. More than 500 scientific studies have been conducted from over 210 universities and research institutions in 30 countries. All have documented significant positive results in the areas of mental, physical and emotional well being.
One of the most profound benefits of mantra meditation is the reduction of your biological age. Published research has shown that regular practice of five years of mantra meditation leads people to a reduction in biological age of five years on average. Those that meditate for more than five years have a reduction of biological age on average of 12 years.
Practical recommendations that will support your meditation practice:
- Meditate twice a day for 15-20 minutes each session.
- Regularity is very beneficial; meditate at the same time everyday whenever possible.
- When meditating in a group you can extend the meditation time to 25 minutes.
- ALWAYS rest for 5 minutes after meditation, even if you do not feel that you went very deep. Otherwise you may experience a headache or irritability.
- Sit comfortably in a chair or on the floor, keeping your back straight.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks before you meditate, caffeine will excite your nervous system and is therefore counter-productive for meditation.
- Do not meditate on a full stomach as this can leave you with indigestion.
- Turn your phone off to avoid disruption.
- If you are a cat owner, remove the cat to another room.
How does it work? As the mind becomes accustomed to more subtle levels of thinking, brain wave activity becomes more orderly and coherent. EEG tests have shown that the electrical waves produced during mantra meditation are different from those we produce at other times whether asleep or awake.
With sustained practice, the Alpha and Theta waves indicate a restful, but alert state in the central and rear areas of the cortex that then spread towards the frontal lobes of the brain. Outside of meditation this phenomenon is rarely seen.
As the left and right hemispheres of the brain become highly synchronized in their activity, this coherent brain activity is seen to be present in improved mental performance such as increased intelligence, problem solving, memory, learning ability and concentration. Research has also shown that with regular practice, people experience improvements in self confidence, self esteem, reduced anxiety and depression. Results also show a big reduction in the use of alcohol, cigarettes and drugs (prescription and illegal).
Where does it come from? This technique comes from the oldest tradition of knowledge in human history known as the Vedas, which is the Sanskrit word for knowledge. It originated from the Himalayas in Northern India, with written records going back over 3000 years. However, it was an oral tradition before that, so in truth nobody knows the exact date of its discovery.
The mantras we will use come directly from the Shankaracharya Tradition of masters, who for generations have studied the laws of nature by direct cognition while in deep meditation. These ancient scientists of consciousness discovered the techniques and mantras that would be suitable for people who live in the world as “householders”.