Visit the newest addition to our website! A page dedicated to helping you on your Ayurvedic journey with recipes, tips and videos that we will be adding and updating.
Ginger Pickle Recipe
Eating ginger pickle 15-20 minutes before meals stimulates and balances the digestive system. This helps you to extract maximum nutrition from the food and reduces the chances of undigested food causing a build-up of toxins building up in the body.
Vata dosha (Air/Space) should take it before both lunch and dinner, while Kapha dosha (Earth/Water) should take it in the morning too.
Pitta dosha (Fire) also benefits from ginger pickle, unless there is a severe excess of heat in the system (bile) or in cases of stomach upset, heartburn and diarrhea.
Ingredients (one day supply)
- 2 heaped tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2tsp honey
- Pinch salt
1. Add the lemon juice, honey and salt to the grated ginger.
2. Mix together well.
3. Take 1 tsp of the pickle as a digestive aid 15-20 minutes before meals.
One week supply
- Fill a 1lb / 454g jam jar half way with grated fresh root ginger.
- Add enough fresh lemon juice to cover the ginger.
- Blend with honey and salt to taste.
- Mix well together and store in the refrigerator.
Feel free to adjust quantities to your taste. It's important to find the right proportion of ingredients to suit your palate. Finding the taste you like will ensure you continue with the practice of consuming this very effective digestive aid.